Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FLOWERS IN FASHION

From the beautiful to the beautifully absurd, flower motifs have long held a place of honor in the hearts of fashion designers....
 Meaningless fact:  When doing research for this post I looked about my house for examples of flowers in decor and I found exactly two....a pillow on my front porch and a tray in my kitchen.  Horrors!, and I call myself a woman.  Then I looked in my closet and I swear you can almost smell the flowers.  Flowers flowers everywhere, on dresses, blouses, lingerie, and jewelry.  I guess this means I get to keep my girl card.
 Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day, like writing a poem or saying a prayer.
                 Anne Morrow Lindbergh
 Wouldn't it be fun to have a giant flower pinned to your coat or to wear on your wrist like this.....

 Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
                                Theodore Roethke

One of my favorite pocketbooks, designed my Lulu Guiness.

 If the english language made sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with the shortage of flowers.
                                     Doug Larson
So subtle, it's hard to see that her top is made of mesh with small flowers.  I love that she seems so casual about wearing something so delicate and beautiful.



 Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness.
                                 Conor Oberst

 Most of these hats were designed by Philip Treacy, and you know how I feel about him.

The lovely Christina Hendricks from MadMen.


 Of course flowers have always been inspiring to bridal gown designers, not to mention to brides themselves.
How many flowers live in your closet?
Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

1 comment:

Braxton and Yancey said...

Love the clear shoes with the flowers inside! Brax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...